Relevant for: Electrical & Electronics
Israel has revised the safety and performance requirements for air conditioners, Standard SI 994 Part 1, 2013. This standard revision adopts the International Standard IEC 60335-2-40 - Edition 4.2: 2005-07 and is effective since 18 January 2014.
The major differences between the old version and the new revised draft standard are:
- Changes in the normative references
- Addition to amendments of the old standard's version, such as: fire resistance, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and requirements for a special device securing the cooling apparatus of the external unit
- Addition of operating requirements and test methods for the conduct of non-ducted air (paragraphs 201 and 202)
- Addition of operating requirements and test methods for sound power (paragraph 203)
- Addition of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) requirements (paragraph 204). Included with this paragraph are sub-paragraphs 204.2 and 204.3 which require compliance with Israel Standards SI 961 Parts 1.1 and 1.2 and shall enter into force on 1 March 2015