Relevant for: Electrical & Electronics
On 23/01/2014, the Comisión Nacional para el Uso Eficiente de la Energía (CONUEE) published in the Official Journal of the Federation, the NOM-032-ENER-2013. This Mexican Official Standard shall take effect 240 calendar days after its publication.
As informed by our Mexican Partner, this is the new regulation for standby mode for the following products:
- Digital television adapter
- Copy machine
- Top box via cable
- Top box via Internet Protocol (IP)
- Satellite top box
- Multifunctional equipment (Printers, copy machines, scanners, fax machine)
- Equipment for the reproduction of audio
- Equipment for video playback or Home Theater (Blue-Ray Player, DVD Player)
- Fax machine
- External power supply
- Microwave oven
- LED TV, LCD TV, Plasma TV, OLED TV
The consumption of the standby mode energy efficiency must be < 2W and has to be tested by an accredited test laboratory.