Topics covered will include:
- An introduction to the Machinery Directive
- Guidance on PUWER Regulations
- CE requirements when building and purchasing new machinery
- Creating complex assemblies and modifying machinery
- Safety of Machinery - Electrical Equipment of Machines, Safety Requirement - BS EN 60204-1
- Safety Related Control Systems & Functional Safety - EN 13849-1
- Functional safety, audits, purchasing specifications to ensure compliance
Delegates will come away with an understanding of their legal requirements under machinery safety, including CE Marking and PUWER.
By the end of the course the participants will:
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the Machinery Directive and the defined steps to compliance including an introduction to the relevant EN standards.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations and defined steps to compliance.
- Be aware of the general and specific standard requirements to ensure the protection of those using the machine, and also the machine itself including the relevant safety related control standards.
Stewart Robinson is a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and a member of the Institute of Measurement and Control. He has been a member of the Safety Panel of the InstMC since 2007 and currently chairs that Panel. He is also a member of the British Standards Institution committee that deals with machinery safeguarding (MCE/3), and listed as a Functional Safety Expert in the TÜV SÜD certification programme (I.D. TA13010249).
He has been delivering training courses for more than 25 years on various topics, mainly concerned with Industrial Control Systems but also on the general aspects of machinery safety.