TUV SUD Wallace Whittle have been announced as the winner of the CIBSE 2016 Employer of the Year Award.
The CIBSE Employer of the Year Award recognises companies who have done most to recruit, train and support young engineers. It has three separate categories for small, medium and large employers as well as an overall award.
TUV SUD won the award for the Individual Category (Medium) and the overall award.
TUV SUD Wallace Whittle were commended for:
- Staff Development Scheme which has a focus on practical learning as well as structured learning modules
- Investment in the development of our young engineers
- Sponsorship of juniors undertaking further education
- Community engagement providing summer placements for students and school children
- Inter office working and ability for staff to take up opportunities in alternative offices
- Innovative training methods such as the Mindset programme being trialled in the Glasgow Office
- Company away days enhancing networking and learning
- Our aim to attract and retain enthusiastic good quality engineering staff through the recession by a ‘growing our own’ philosophy
- Beverly Quinn one of our young trainees attended the event and received both awards on behalf of the company.