Our Light Studio works creatively with light to enhance the visual environment, landscape and architecture on your project.
As specialist lighting designers, we collaborate closely with clients and architects when constructing the initial brief. Here the creative lighting design process begins and we focus on the unique qualities of your project and begin to explore the role that light can play.
Each lighting concept takes the aesthetics and function of the space into account. Practical issues like cost, buildability, sustainability and ease of maintenance are all considered. The use of sketches, visualisations, models, images, diagrams and animations communicate ideas effectively during lighting concept development, so that we take you on the design journey with us.
The development stage is where conceptual ideas become design details. This is where an early dialogue with design, construction and maintenance teams help apply the power of light to its fullest extent. Mock-ups and tests explain the rationale behind the design and assists the construction process. We stand by our designs and enjoy seeing them through to construction.
Lighting schemes ultimately should be designed with people in mind and a successful project for us achieves not only a functional brief, but provides places that people want to live and work.
Our Light Studio provides the following services:
Creative Lighting Design
- Concept design from hand sketches through to Photoshop rendered visuals
- Presentations and advice on lighting techniques
- Internal and external lighting design
- Architectural feature lighting
- Daylight modelling
- Façade modelling
- Glare analysis
Technical Lighting Design
- Technical lighting presentations
- Full scale on site lighting mock-ups
- Lighting details for luminaries integrated within the architecture
- Technical advice on LED technology
- Design of lighting levels and lux calculations
- Advice on lighting standards, codes and regulations
- Detailed build in details for luminaires and custom lighting techniques
- Assistance with the specification of compatible luminaires and drivers
- Technical advice of LED and deployment of LED technology
- Photometric advice
- Energy efficiency
- Lighting control systems
- Specification of compatible luminaires and drivers
- Light measurement studies
- Scene setting documents
- On site scene setting / commissioning
For more information please contact Neal Paley:
T: +44 (0)207 821 0800