The sound environment effects every part of our daily lives. Whether controlling the negative aspects of noise or enhancing and creating positive sound environments, CDC can provide a wide range of acoustic services to cities and masterplans, buildings and the natural environment. Our team has a large degree of experience in supporting our Clients from early stage feasibility studies, through straight forward and complex planning applications, support through all RIBA stages, creative acoustic design input and ensuring that our Clients projects are signed off and operated in line with the acoustic aspirations for the project.
Our services include:
- Sound Insulation Testing in Accordance with Approved Document E of the Building Regulations
- Acoustic Design Support through all RIBA Stages 1-7
- Noise & Vibration Surveys
- Feasibility Studies to Support Site Suitability in relation to Noise
- Sound & Vibration Assessments to Support Planning and Development
- Acoustic Support to Achieve Environmental Accreditation such as BREEAM, Code for Sustainable Homes, Quality Home Mark, LEED or others.
- Construction Phase Support
- Commissioning Tests
- Ongoing Support when Buildings are Operational, such as Long Term Monitoring, Compliance Testing or Comfort Studies
- Digital Acoustic Modelling of Internal Spaces.
- Digital Noise Mapping of External Areas
- Noise at Works Assessments
An effective fire strategy is essential to the design of masterplans and buildings, both new build and refurbishments. Our experienced team of fire engineers will offer technical support throughout site selection, planning, design and commissioning stages to ensure compliance to British or International standards such as NFPA. In coordination with the design team we will develop options for engineered fire solutions to maximise potential for land usage and other value adding strategies.
Our services include:
- Fire Strategy Development and Advice
- Fire Engineering Support through all RIBA Stage 1-7
- Fire Engineering Support to Achieve Fire Code Compliance
- Fire Protection Advice.
- Fire Engineering Solutions
- Fire Safety Management Plan Development
- CFD & Evacuation Modelling & Advice
- Fire Risk Assessment and Audits
- Fire Training