Production efficiency and compliance solutions
Upstream, midstream and downstream projects all face unique challenges. Yet some things are constant. Companies that maximise operational efficiencies, react quickly to market fluctuations and comply with health, safety and environmental regulations are the ones that thrive.
TÜV SÜD can put you in this prime position. We have the industry knowledge and technical expertise to provide you with innovative solutions across all operating areas. Our experts steer you through the challenging waters of regulation, availability, reliability and risk. With our high-end consultancy, measurement, testing, and calibration services, we make sure that you get the most from every area of your operation and production.
TÜV SÜD, through its NEL brand, supports upstream processes with technical consultancy, research, testing, and flow measurement. We have a wealth of experience in implementing improvements in energy, flow measurement, emissions and environmental systems. This experience is matched by extensive facilities for testing, modelling and calibration. We hold the UK National Standards for Flow Measurement.
Our midstream and downstream specialists have international experience in plant and installation safety, reliability and availability. We find cost-effective solutions that match your business and regulatory requirements.
Taking a comprehensive approach, we cover a plant’s full lifecycle. Our global team of experts provide plant and process engineering services that focus on safety and efficiency issues. This includes risk analysis and evaluation and optimisation proposals, as well as testing and full inspection of the plant components and equipment for safety, functionality and durability.
Our services at a glance
Services for investment projects
- Quality management during planning and construction in line with national and international codes and regulations and customer specifications.
- Support for constructional design and specifications
- Owner’s engineering
Services during plant operating phase
- Integrated inspection of plants, equipment and components while plant is or has been operational
- Systematic safety assessments and support for safety issues
- Expert opinions
- Damage analysis and assessment
- Safety and quality consulting during planning
- Quality assurance of components and assembly on-site
- Acceptance checks / tests during the course of initial operation
- In-service inspections, NDT (corrosion and wear)
- Laboratory tests and analysis of material resulting in a test report
- Testing for materials compatibility and/or durability
- Accelerated ageing, analysis and testing of offshore umbilical flow lines
- Sale of software (physical data of fluids)
- Heat transfer consultancy
- Oil / water calibration
- Wet gas and multiphase flow testing
- Training and workshops for the oil & gas industry
- Environmental consulting and measurements
- Auditing and certification to management systems ISO 9001; ISO 14001; and Safety Certificate Contractors (SCC)
- Flow measurement systems
- Fiscal and allocation measurements