Water companies manage extensive pipe networks which can vary dramatically from very large diameter trunk mains to smaller domestic supplies. Regulations demand that flows within these complex networks are monitored to understand how water being taken from reservoirs and other sources balances with consumption measurements. This allows for demand management as well as identification of leakage and will include key assets such as reservoirs, pumping Stations, waste water treatment plants and all metering infrastructure.
Critical areas of measurement where NEL provides support include:
- Flow meter calibration & testing
- Leakage management through data validation & reconciliation
- Dosing measurement for process treatment
- Understanding installation effects on measurement
- Equipment selection to enable real time network performance measurements
- Troubleshooting problems such as fouling, low flows and large diameter measurement.