The key reason for measurement of fluids and gases as they move from a production facility to either a refining or storage facility is to ensure agreement with how much is being sold and how much is being bought.
There are a number of areas of measurement challenge within the midstream oil and gas sector are:
- Financial allocations and general hydrocarbon accounting,
- Co-mingling of fluids and gases,
- Transporting heavy oils,
- Managing water within gas and oil production,
- Accuracy of tank measurements,
- Leakage within pipelines.
NEL can help resolve issues and troubleshoot problems in all these areas.