Topics covered will include:
- An introduction to the Machinery Directive
- Guidance on PUWER Regulations
- CE requirements when building and purchasing new machinery
- Creating complex assemblies and modifying machinery
- Safety of Machinery - Electrical Equipment of Machines, Safety Requirement - BS EN 60204-1
- Safety Related Control Systems & Functional Safety - EN 13849-1
- Functional safety, audits, purchasing specifications to ensure compliance
Delegates will come away with an understanding of their legal requirements under machinery safety, including CE Marking and PUWER.
By the end of the course the participants will:
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the Machinery Directive and the defined steps to compliance including an introduction to the relevant EN standards.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations and defined steps to compliance.
- Be aware of the general and specific standard requirements to ensure the protection of those using the machine, and also the machine itself including the relevant safety related control standards.
Martin White is a member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology and an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and has been designing and delivering training in a range of sectors since 2002. He has worked for machine builders and end users in the packaging industry for over 20 years in the roles of commissioning, technical support & automation development including compliance with machinery safety standards.
He started working in the Machinery Safety services industry in 2015, and is listed as a Functional Safety Engineer in the TÜV SÜD certification programme (I.D. TA18030988).