1. Decide which directives are applicable to your product.
2. Ensure that your product is compliant with the applicable directives.
3. Compile and retain a technical file, which satisfies the requirements of the directives.
4. Write and sign a Declaration of Conformity, which has a format which satisfies the requirements of the applicable directives, and keep the original with the technical file.
5. Apply CE marking to the equipment in accordance with the requirements of the directive.
To those unfamiliar with the CE marking process, the EC directives can seem confusing and the simple steps described above be quite complex when addressing the requirements in detail. Advice and technical testing services from an external expert can usually speed up the CE marking process and get the product to market much faster than would otherwise be the case.