TUV SUD Wallace Whittle have a long standing track record in data centre design.
This has allowed us to establish a highly skilled team of designers capable of tackling a diverse range of projects across the Critical Infrastructure environment.
Stephen Phimister, a Director in our Glasgow office, is an Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designer and can therefore provide advice on UI compliant designs.
Listed below is a full history of our data centre experience however in summary we are currently working on three significant data centre projects.
DataVita @ Fortis
Four halls of 1000m2 each utilising indirect air to air adiabatic cooling. The project is undergoing Uptime Institute accreditation.
A single hall facility for ScottishPower within their new headquarters building. The project includes high density pods.
A data centre facility within their new headquarters building in Aberdeen.
In addition we have recently undertaken a resilience review and critical infrastructure upgrade for Police Scotland at their Govan Communications Complex and are just completing a similar exercise for Scottish Fire and Rescue Service at their Johnstone Command and Control Centre.
We have been term consultants on BT’s national framework for over 15 years.
We also work for many blue chip organisations and public bodies.
During this time we have been involved in Critical National Infrastructure projects i.e. infrastructure deemed critical by Government to support the delivery of essential services, without which would lead to severe economic or social consequences or loss of life.
Large numbers of our staff have basic security vetting with key individuals cleared to a higher level. We have worked with CPNI and various security organisations.
- Fortis / DataVita
- Total E&P
- British Telecom National Framework – Various
- BT/Telereal - Survey of European Data Centres
- BT High Density, Low PUE, Modular Data Centre Solutions
- BT Resilience and Plant Replacement Projects
- Scottish Government – Saughton House
- Scottish Government – Crime Campus
- Police Scotland West Hub Dalmarnock
- Strathclyde Police – Communications Complex
- ScottishPower – HQ and Data Centre
- UK Government/HMRC – DC Plant Replacement
- Stadium House, Cardiff – Conversion to Data Hall
- Cardiff IDC – Design of 3 Hall Data Centre
- NAGE Data Centre – Design of 2 Hall Data Centre
- Digiplex/ Lectrix – European Data Centres
- Internet Data Centre, Cardiff – Feasibility Study
- NAG, Throughout the UK – Various Projects
- Deutsche Bank HQ
- Cable & Wireless
- Pacificare Offices & Data Centre, Letterkenny
- Bodicea House, Heathrow Computer Complex
- Chase Manhattan Bank
- Clydesdale Bank IT/Data Centre
- Comet House Heathrow Computer Complex
- Morgan Stanley Dean Witter – Design of Call Centre
- National Australia Group Framework – Various