TÜV SÜD Wallace Whittle as a practice have a great deal of experience within this sector.
Initial Design Considerations
- Consideration given to enhanced lighting levels in excess of British Standards to give improved security.
- Compliance with Park Mark scheme / Secured by Design for car parks
Design Team Co-ordination
- Discussion with architect about surface finishes and colours to ensure correct approach to lighting.
- Consideration of feature walls and feature lighting.
- Coordination with structural engineer to ensure lighting and services runs do not restrict clear headroom.
- Assist architect with compliance for natural ventilation Provide a mechanically assisted or full mechanical ventilation scheme.
- Rainwater downpipe coordination to minimise protrusions into parking bays.
- Provision of power, water and drainage for commercial Valet operation.
- Provision of services for vending and advertising.
- Integration of Vehicle Management System, including payment stations.
- Consideration of CCTV and Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Provision of power for electric car charging.
Energy Saving & Sustainability
- Consideration of lighting control offering daylight switching/dimming, occupancy control to minimise energy usage.
- Consideration of rainwater harvesting
- Consideration of small scale wind turbines on upper levels.
- Consideration of integration of photovoltaic panels into the cladding system.
Key projects within this sector:
- Collegelands, Glasgow
- Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow
- The Centre, Livingston
- Union Square, Aberdeen
- Bon Accord Centre, Aberdeen
- Hilton Development, Aberdeen
- Keppleston, Aberdeen
- Avondale House, Glasgow
- McGinleys, Donegal
- UnionPlaza, Aberdeen
- Riverside House, Aberdeen
- Elements Square, Edinburgh
- Bury Rock, Bury
- MarischalCollege, Aberdeen