Job Title / Grade: Senior Engineer (Product Safety Specialist) - Grade 4
Requisition Number: 2643
Department: Electrical Safety Service Line
Reporting to: Supervisor of Electrical Safety Service Line
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, PO15 5RL
Role and Company Overview:
TÜV SÜD Product Service is part of the Certification Division of the TÜV SÜD Group and is a world leader in testing and product certification. With over 50 years' experience in the UK, TÜV SÜD Product Service provides peace of mind that products are safe, reliable and compliant by providing testing, product certification, knowledge services and training to a range of industries covering the Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors.
The position would ideally suit an experienced Electrical Safety Test Engineer, with good interpersonal skills, who is confident working face-to-face with clients and who aspires to work as a Product Safety Specialist in a global compliance organisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping clients to achieve CE marking, global market access and product compliance for a range of electrical devices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out electrical safety testing and design assessments at TÜV SÜD and customers sites.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Conducting factory inspections.
- Compilation of test summaries and reports in support of testing and certification activities.
- Conducting peer reviews of documentation and reports.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work and, that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic engineering.
- Electrical safety testing experience, with knowledge of electrical safety standards such as IEC / EN 60950-1, 60065, 62368, 61010-1, 60335-1, and test laboratory quality and operating procedures.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical/electronic circuits.
- IT skills using MS office suite of programs.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills and a commitment to ‘get the job done’.
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willing to work off-site at clients’ premises and occasional overseas trips.
- Full driving licence.
- Knowledge of global certification procedures
- Knowledge of standards, laboratory quality and operating procedures
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2016
This role offers a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependant on experience, as well as a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to the HR Department at: TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org