Job Title / Grade: Senior Engineer (Environmental)
Requisition Number: 2720
Department: Environmental Service Line
Reporting to: Supervisor of Environmental Service Line
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, PO15 5RL
Role and Company Overview:
TÜV SÜD Product Service is part of the Certification Division of the TÜV SÜD Group and is a world leader in testing and product certification. With over 50 years' experience in the UK, TÜV SÜD Product Service provides peace of mind that products are safe, reliable and compliant by providing testing, product certification, knowledge services and training to a range of industries covering the Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors.
Working as part of a team of environmental specialists the applicant will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive environmental testing service to a wide range of industry sectors. The successful candidate will contribute to and often initiate efficiency improvements, many of which will include the management, manipulation and presentation of electronic test data for reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting mechanical testing on a variety of equipment.
- Provision of adhoc support to the Commercial function to develop technical solutions, attending client visits and conducting technical product/test reviews where required.
- Provision of technical support and guidance to other mechanical engineers.
- Conducting Commercial and Technical Validations, considering equipment capabilities and limits, including review of test fixture suitability.Once trained, vetting, signing and delivery of technical reports compiled by operational cells.
- Support CI/LEAN activities and development projects as required.
- A Degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering field.
- A team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Specialist knowledge in mechanical engineering and in particular vibration and shock testing in a test house environment, in particular:
- experience of water cooled shaker testing (including high and low temperature work)
- knowledge of vibration and SRS theory, instrumentation, measurement and vibration control
- fixture design theory and review
- Evidence of good multitasking, problem solving and prioritisation skills.
- Previous responsibility for testing concepts.
- Excellent written skills.
- Knowledge of test laboratory quality and operating procedures.
- Full driving licence.
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to the HR Department at: TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org