Job Title / Grade: Sales Manager (Electrical Safety and EMC) – grade 4
Requisition Number: 2743
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, PO15 5RL
Role and Company Overview:
The work of the sales manager is varied and demanding and involves dealing with customers involved with consumer and electrical / electronic products and goods. Our clients include importers, distributors, retailers, market surveillance authorities and manufacturer’s and we routinely deal with products ranging from domestic white goods to the latest hi-tech innovations. Operating as part of the commercial team in Fareham, you will be responsible for generating new business and for ensuring continued business with existing customers. You will work closely with customers to identify and understand their exact requirements and put together tailored and off-the-shelf compliance solutions.
Our ability to listen to the customer, identify their exact requirements and respond quickly with a technical and commercial solution sets us apart from our competitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fast and effective handling of telephone, email and web generated enquiries.
- Achieving order targets by working with customers and prospects at all levels to understand their requirements, putting together quotations and proposals and following up to convert them to orders.
- Identification of cost-effective compliance solutions.
- Visiting clients, arranging and hosting meetings and providing tours of the facilities.
- Compiling and validating prospect lists.
- Collation and feedback of any market and competitor intelligence obtained during the course of the day to day business.
- Supporting the marketing team for marketing events and initiatives.
- Use of the business CRM system to record all prospects, clients, enquiries, quotations and follow-ups and entry of key information into the business project management tool.
- Experience of electrical safety and EMC testing and test specifications and how work standards are generated.
- Experience of preparing good quality and timely quotations.
- Able to present in detail the technical services provided to clients in the consumer and electrical / electronic marketplace.
- Experience of developing sound commercial strategies and tactics: reading the commercial situation and developing win/win solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills evidenced by constructive internal and external relationships.
- An excellent communicator - written, face-to-face and by telephone.
- Self-driven and results orientated.
- Comfortable dealing with customers and prospects at all levels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel & Power Point.
- Commercial / sales background
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to the HR Department at: TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL or email to: email@example.com