TÜV SÜD commits to a Code of Conduct
Ethical principles in private and company matters are the backbone of the continued existence and further development of a modern society. They thus also form the basis of conduct in business and of the relations between companies and national economies.
TÜV SÜD has established a Code of Ethics which places its executives and staff under the obligation to commit to ethical conduct. “By introducing this Code of Ethics, we intend to fulfil our obligations to our clients and society in a reliable manner,” declares the Board of Management in its statement on passing the Code of Ethics.
The TÜV SÜD Code of Ethics defines various principles, including:
- TÜV SÜD operates worldwide in compliance with local and international laws, regulations and standards.
- Staff reports internal violations of this Code of Ethics to their supervisors.
- A dedicated Chief Compliance Officer supports executives in addressing the identified violations.
In addition, external ombudspeople, sworn to maintain secrecy and anonymity, are available worldwide and may be contacted by staff and business partners.
- Nobody may suffer disadvantages from compliance with the TÜV SÜD Code of Ethics.
- Staff are continuously informed and trained on issues including ethical matters in their daily work.
- TÜV SÜD rejects unethical business practices and operates its business free from corruption and bribery.
The complete TÜV SÜD Code of Ethics is available for download [ PDF 8623 kB ]