We are the custodian of the UK National Standards for Flow and Density. As such, we are one of the UK’s National Measurement Laboratories and a key part of the National Measurement System. This places us at the forefront of research into flow and density measurement at the UK, European and global level. We also undertake significant research and development (R&D) work for companies around the world and have academic research partnerships with a number of leading UK universities.
Our Flow Measurement R&D facilities are among the most advanced in the world, with our new Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Multiphase flow providing capabilities that are not offered at any other flow measurement test facility.
The objectives of our research include:
- Improving flow metrology capabilities and knowledge across all relevant industrial sectors, including oil and gas production and sustainable energy.
- Driving the development of more accurate flow measurement standards.
- Driving the development of more accurate regulatory and fiscal reporting technology.
- Advancing the understanding of the basic science that underpins this field.
- Details of our current research findings can be found in our on-line Resource Centre.