Job Title / Grade: Senior Engineer (Active Medical Devices) - grade 4
Requisition Number: 2693
Reporting to: Senior Commercial Manager
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, PO15 5RL
Role and Company Overview:
TÜV SÜD Product Service is part of the Certification Division of the TÜV SÜD Group and is a world leader in testing and product certification. With over 50 years' experience in the UK, TÜV SÜD Product Service provides peace of mind that products are safe, reliable and compliant by providing testing, product certification, knowledge services and training to a range of industries covering the Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors.
The Senior Engineer (Active Medical Devices) position would ideally suit an experienced Medical Engineer with knowledge of active medical devices and equipment, and who is familiar with and has worked to the IEC 60601 series and ISO 14971 standards. The successful candidate would be responsible for helping clients to achieve product compliance for a range of active medical devices and will have the opportunity to develop their role in to other aspects of medical device compliance such as auditing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out medical electrical safety testing and design assessment at TÜV SÜD laboratories and at customers’ sites.
- Production of detailed test reports and client deliverables.
- Identification of compliance requirements and strategies with the ability to apply these using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Supporting client meetings, interpretation of customer enquiries, pricing of work packages and general support to the commercial team.
- Creating and delivering training for staff and clients.
- Supporting junior members of the engineering team.
- Ensuring the quality and throughput of work with projects delivered on time and within budget.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical, Electronic or Medical Engineering
- Previous experience of testing active medical devices, along with a detailed understanding of, and experience of working to, the IEC 60601 series and ISO 14971 standards.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience of electrical / electronic circuits
- Confident with good interpersonal skills and commitment to ‘get the job done’
- Comfortable working as part of a team and on own initiative
- Willing to work offsite at customer’s premises or occasional overseas trips
- Full driving licence
- IT skills using MS Office suite of programs
- Electrical safety testing experience
- Knowledge of global certification procedures
- Knowledge of standards and test laboratory quality and operating procedures
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2016
This role offers a salary of £38,000 - £45,000 per annum dependant on experience, as well as a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to the HR Department at: TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org