Job Title: Project Manager (Wireless)
Requisition Number: 2681
Department: 7901312 - Telecom Business Line
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, PO15 5RL
Managing the client and business expectations during the course of their projects to ensure that they meet contractual deliverables/timescales and that costs are within budget. This role is for a Project Manager who will be specialising in project managing customer’s test samples with RF and other wireless technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Commercial management of projects to ensure all work carried out is fully invoiced to the customer and that all jobs are achieving the necessary profit margins.
- Ensure that projects are completed on time and that the hours booked on the projects are in line with the original quotation. All significant deviations are to be agreed with the responsible Business Line Manager.
- Ensuring forecasts are kept current and up-to-date by using the business project management tool.
- Acting as principal intermediary between the client, Business Line and the operating areas from the beginning to the end of projects.
- Managing the client’s expectations, both technically and commercially, during the course of their projects.
- Facilitating smooth workflow and problem solving. Supporting LEAN/Quality initiatives to improve the workflow and business productivity.
- Technical: A minimum of HNC (or equivalent level qualification) in engineering or equivalent experience
- Compliance knowledge and understanding: Working knowledge of regulatory and voluntary compliance requirements related to wireless products.
- Services: A broad understanding of all relevant technologies.
- IT: Competent and relevant business tools with excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Business orientation: Has a good understanding of practical financial issues and commercial fundamentals. Understands the key profit drivers and how areas/functions contribute to the profitability of the business. Track record of exercising a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- Technical: Practical experience testing RF products
- Services: A broad understanding of all PS service lines.
- Results orientation: Consistently delivers, plans for contingencies and looks for opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Customer orientation: Has a good understanding of the customers’ needs and perspectives and strives to improve customer experience.
- Organisation: Exceptional organisation skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise workload based on client and business requirements.
- Team working: A good team player with a positive “can-do” attitude who actively and positively engages with colleagues with a proactive approach to change and self-development.
- Cultural awareness: Experience of dealing with international customers.
To apply, applicants should send their CV and detail of their salary expectations to: email@example.com or post to: HR Department, TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL.