Job Title/Grade: Global Sales Manager - Softlines
Requisition Number: 2713
Department: Consumer Products & Retail
Reporting to: Global Sales Manager, Softlines - Europe
Location:Home based or at any of our UK offices
Established over 140 years ago in Germany, TÜV SÜD is a leading global provider of technical services. We support our clients in a vast range of industries with testing, inspection, auditing, training and expert knowledge services. TÜV SÜD has more than 20,000 employees in over 800 locations worldwide with global revenue of close to Euro 2 billion.
The business unit “Consumer Products” takes care of Softlines (clothing & footwear), Hardlines, Toys & Children Products and Electrical & Electronics products.
Responsible for new business development for Softlines business in the UK, the candidate will take the lead in developing & profitably grow the business with the retailers. Possessing a good understanding of the business, a wide client contact base and by engaging with quality directors, he/she will sell the entire suite of services and work with global managers in developing business opportunities with new & existing customers. The incumbent will be expected to keep abreast of new developments in the industry providing ongoing feedback to ensure the company is aligned to technical and commercial developments in the overall business sector.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell full suite of services to retailers, brands and their supply chain (services such as product safety testing, pre-shipment inspection, social compliance auditing).
- Service the on-going customer needs.
- Achieve sales revenue and profit margin targets; cascade this to the respective countries taking into consideration the local industry business climate and opportunities.
- Work in close coordination with various country / divisional managers in developing and servicing sales, pricing and marketing strategies specific to UK customers.
- Develop strong business relationships with quality personnel of key clients.
- Keep firmly abreast of technical and commercial developments in the market and make recommendations for service development.
- Increase industry awareness and knowledge by attending appropriate industry conferences.
- Drive market research projects to identify market trends and potential new opportunities, market share analysis and marketing intelligence etc.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) specializing in sales / textiles or a related discipline
- Previous experience in clothing / footwear / testing business
- Proven track record in sales / account management / merchandising / quality assurance, engaging with quality executives of large retailers, brands & wholesalers
- Familiar with the production cycle of clothing & footwear from design, sampling to shipment, as well as the associated stages of a quality assurance program
- Familiar with the international regulations, national deviations, and renowned brands’ requirements of Softlines testing
- Possess a wide client contact base and knowledge of sales trends in the Consumer Products business area
- Strong knowledge of the Softlines business and its supply chain, including understanding of quality and fulfilment of specifications of the products sold in the stores.
- Knowledge in pricing strategies and structure in the area of testing, auditing and inspection
- Able to interpret technical information and translate into common terminology
- Aggressive with keen interest on new business development
- Strong networking, negotiation, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Client interaction skills: Demonstrated ability to work with customers, determine their requirements, secure additional business, define and assist in solving problems, and generally ensure their total satisfaction
- Ability to organize and prioritise daily activities and workload in a resource constrained environment
- Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong appreciation of different cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Must be confident, highly efficient, and self-motivated
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the HR Department, TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL.