Job Title/Grade: Global Sales Manager - Consumer Products Retail
Requisition Number: 2658
Department: Consumer Products & Retail
Reporting to: Vice President, Consumer Products – Retail
Location: Home based or at any of our UK offices
Established 150 years ago in Germany, TÜV SÜD is a leading global provider of technical services. We support our clients in a vast range of industries with testing, inspection, auditing, training and expert knowledge services. TÜV SÜD has more than 20,000 employees in over 600 locations worldwide.
Working within the ‘Consumer Products’ team, the successful candidate will take the lead in developing and profitably growing the business with retailers in the UK. Possessing a good understanding of the business, a wide customer contact base and engaging with Quality directors, he/she will sell the entire suite of our services. Industry focus will be Consumer Products in the area of Hardlines, toys and children’s products, electrical and electronics. The Global Sales Manager will maintain and develop new and existing client relationships (retailers & importers) by ensuring the professional management of all aspects of the testing, inspection, auditing and /or consulting services.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell full suite of services worldwide to retailers, brands and their supply chain (services such as product safety testing, pre-shipment inspection, social compliance auditing).
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships (retailers and importers) by providing TÜV SÜD’s professional services and managing all aspects of the testing, inspection, auditing and/or consulting services provided to the clients by our global laboratories.
- Identify potential new customers and develop them into key accounts
- Develop an understanding of the clients’ needs and expectations and present solutions in line with TÜV SÜD capabilities and internal Quality Assurance technical resources.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to clients on global compliance, industry standards, and client specifications, in liaison with the global laboratories.
- As an on-going process, work with client to define / revise their compliance, safety and quality testing approaches and customise/finalise testing programs including pricing.
- Act as the primary contact for client, liaising between the client and global TÜV SÜD teams to meet operational, technical, sales, marketing and accounting needs.
- Liaise, as necessary, with regulatory/industry/professional bodies to provide solutions and expertise in areas of global compliance, industry standards and client specifications.
- Handle customer claims and complaints.
- Develop strong business relationships with Quality personnel /decision maker of key clients.
- Establish plans for each client that can be used as basis for long-term, mid-term and short-term sales and operations planning.
- Proven experience of sales and key account management in testing services or retail market sector.
- Strong working knowledge of Hardlines, and electrical/electronic products in terms of quality and applicable test standards/regulations, product development or product sourcing.
- Able to interpret technical information and transmit to the global subsidiaries.
- Understand scheduling, planning and the product development cycle.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, attention to detail and process improvement skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills to ensure effective and responsive client interaction
- Able to work well under pressure to handle crisis situations and balance several tasks simultaneously.
- Performs with sense of urgency and sensitivity to deadlines, with the ability to prioritise and delegate as appropriate
- Excellent English: verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Must be confident, highly efficient, and self-motivated.
- Must be personable and work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must have strong intercultural competence.
- Must be flexible, willing to travel and possess a full UK driving licence
- Working knowledge of Toys, Children’s products and Softlines (clothing and footwear) sectors
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in a relevant field
To apply, please send your CV, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the HR Department, TUV SUD Limited, Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, PO15 5RL.