TÜV SÜD BABT has the broadest range of appointments and accreditations of any International Telecommunications Certification Body, and is assessed annually by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to demonstrate the quality and robustness of its internal processes, thus guaranteeing the excellence and consistency of its service to customers. The following appointments demonstrate the global reach of TÜV SÜD BABT’s service:
By the DBIS (Department for Business, Innovation and Science) as:
- Notified Body for all annexes of the R&TTE Directive
- Notified Body under the EMC Directive
- Notified under the Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
- Notified Body for the Machinery Directive
By the DCLG ( Department for Communities and Local Government) as:
- Notified Body under the Construction Products Regulation
By the MCA (Maritime and Coast Guard Agency on behalf of the Department of Transport) as:
- Notified Body under the Marine Equipment Directive
- UK Nominated Body under MSN1735.
By the DECC (Department for Energy and Climate Change) as:
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) Certification Body for Solar Photovoltaic Panels
By the European Commission as a Conformity Assessment Body.
- EU-USA MRA (FCC Radio and Wireline TCB)
- EU-Canada MRA (Industry Canada FCB)
- EU-Japan MRA (Japanese Radio Law RFCAB)
- EU-Australia MRA
- EU-New Zealand MRA
By Ofcom as an Approved Body under the Ofcom Metering & Billing Direction, July 2008.
By the GSM Association as IMEI Number Allocation Body
In addition to being supported by these appointments, TÜV SÜD BABT’s services are accredited and audited annually by UKAS against ISO 17021 and EN 45011 (to be ISO 17065 in late 2014) for the following scope, ensuring the quality and consistency of service in providing management system certification to ISO 9001 and for a number of proprietary product certification schemes:
UKAS Accredited Certification Body No.172 to ISO 17021 to provide quality systems certification to ISO 9001 - Certificate Annex:
- EA 18 Machinery and equipment - excludes manufacture of weapons and ammunition
- EA 19 Electrical and optical equipment
- EA 31 Transport, storage and communication - communications equipment
- EA 33 Information Technology
UKAS Accredited Certification Body No.172 to EN 45011 to provide product certification Certificate Annex:
TÜV SÜD BABT Standard Commercial Terms & Conditions of business
In addition to the Standard Commercial Terms & Conditions of Business, TÜV SÜD BABT's certification services are provided under the terms and conditions of its Certification Regulations.
To download the relevant copy of the TÜV SÜD BABT Certification Regulations, please see below:
| Download the Certification Regulations|
This version of the Certification Regulations came into effect on 1stAugust 2011 for all existing and new customers. There are no substantial changes for TÜV SÜD BABT Certificate Holders. Appeals against this new version may be made for up to 3 months from this date.
For applications and Certificate holders for a TMBS Sections A, B2, and C3 of the new Certification Regulations (Testing and Certification Regulations TÜV SÜD Group) apply.
Applications and Certificates issued prior to 1st August 2009
Most TÜV SÜD BABT Certificates issued prior to 1st August 2009 were issued under BABT Certification regulation document BABT AP004. Customers with any application in progress, or certificate involving continuing assessment (either QMS/TMBS or Product Check) prior to that date are given notice that the new regulations listed above have come into effect for all customers.
The following Clauses of BABT AP004 continue to apply to all customers who applied prior to 1st August 2009:
BABT AP004 clauses 6.8, 9, 10, 11.4, 12.4 (TMBS only) and 12.5.
If you require a copy of BABT AP004 please apply here:
|BABT AP004 Request|
TÜV SÜD BABT's International Headquarters are located in Octagon House, Concorde Way, Segensworth North, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL, United Kingdom.
Offices in the United Kingdom:
- International Headquarters - Octagon House, Concorde Way, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL
Telephone: +44 (0)1489 558100
- Hersham Place Technology Park, Molesey Road, Hersham, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 4RZ
Telephone: +44 (0)1932 251200
- Belasis Business Centre, Coxwold Way, Billingham, Cleveland, TS23 4EA
Telephone: +44 (0)1642 345637